27 October 2012

Next week's schedule

As I suspected, when I got up this morning I could feel that my legs and lungs were not recovered enough from yesterday's effort to do another ride. So, today became a rest day. I still feel like I'm getting back to where I was, when I was in the middle of riding on more days than I didn't ride, so I feel confident about getting the training where I need it to be for El Tour, and as a base, from which next season's training and racing can springboard.

In recognition of the need to migrate back into the cycling a bit more cautiously, I'm posting a more reasonable schedule for next week. It will incorporate some easy spinning on the recovery days, with some light weightlifting on two days (before spins). I do have two scheduled activities but should be able to cover those days as the recovery days with gym spinning and weightlifting days.

So, here's the schedule for next week's rides:

Monday:
Oro Valley/Rancho Vistoso short route
Approx. 18.29 miles

Tuesday:
Recovery day for ACLS teaching
Gym workout with light weightlifting and 1hour-ish of easy spinning (hr zone 2 only)

Wednesday:
Pantano River Park Sprint Intervals
Approx. 13.45 miles

Thursday:
Pistol Hill via Camino Loma Alta
Approx. 26.95 miles

Friday:
Recovery day for CE
Gym workout with light weightlifting and 1hour-ish of easy spinning (hr zone 2 only)

Saturday:
Broadway Bikes loop
Approx. 16.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment